The health and well-being of everyone in the responsible pet care community, and the animals we care for, is of the utmost important to us here at PIJAC as our world continues to face the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As we continue to monitor developments, take action and work with our public health and government agency partners to share updates with you, we have compiled a set of resources to help you during this ongoing public health crisis.
Protecting Human and Pet Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) resources:
- CDC webpage on animals and COVID-19 (updated Nov. 18)
- COVID-19 information: Pets and Other Animals (updated June 24)
- COVID-19 Recommendations for Pet Stores, Pet Distributors, and Pet Breeding Facilities (updated Aug. 29)
- Flyer: What You Need to Know About COVID-19 and Pets (updated Nov. 17)
- What to Do if Your Pet Tests Positive for the Virus that Causes COVID-19 (updated Sept. 10)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) COVID-19 information and resources
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) resource: Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 (NEW March 5)
Business Information and Resources
- Pet Business COVID-19 Restrictions, Spring 2021 (updated May 14 2021)
- Small Business Administration (SBA):
To see other resources PIJAC made available earlier this year, go to our COVID-19 Spring web page.